After I passed out in 2007, I was doing nothing, sitting at home, listening to some surreal taunts of mother. It was a routine of my life for some months. We both got 'used to' of it. Me and Mother. My dad played the silent witness to our verbal fight during that phase. And I still appreciate him for being numb. Coz that is a best solution if you are messing with a woman.
-'Shut up'.
Sounds bad but works better in such situations.I should have learned this from my dad and elder brother. On PC, while sitting whole day, I applied for so many jobs in my field only i.e. Media.
Media...wow when u hear it 'Media'... u feel like a power, but its not like that.
Well one day I was playing chess on my PC...trying hard to defeat the computer as it was the highest difficulty level. I was losing on my front all my pawns were gone for nothing, One rook and both the bishops were killed by the most powerful player Queen of computer. I lost all my hope, suddenly my cellphone rang. I paused the game and picked up the phone.
-Hello
-Hello , Good after noon, Am I speaking to Shishir ?
-Yeah its me
-Yeah hi, I am Manali from """"
""""[Cant remember the name of company she called me from.]
-Yeah hi, I am Manali from """", You have applied for the job in media. There is a job for you in N-Gen.
-and whats dat N-Gen?
-That's actually a deptt. of Genpect which has tied up with NDTV.
-Okay and where is it?
-Its in Gurgaon, tomorrow is interview, there you can contact Garima, she will brief you everything.
-Okay Thank you very much....Sorry I didn't get your name...
-Its Manali, Manali Sharma.
Above question asked by me was really stupid; How could I get her name, and why would I get her name...This English is so irritating guys. And also her name reminds me of the beautiful hill station of Simla. That's also called Manali.
The next day without receiving my Mom's verbal weapons, I got up and dressed up. My mom entered my room and
-See now he has plenty of time for his friends. He must be going to visit one of his friends.
My dad interrupted and asked me ,"Where are you heading today?"
I said to me, that was nice.
-I am going for an interview. By evening I wont be jobless. Stop taunting me now.
I have seen a 2 room flat nearby , If you will keep up with this shit, I will shift. EMIs won't be an issue.
Dad was happy , but he didn't let me know. Mom was aghast that I am speaking in a high voice with them. And I was much relieved by spitting out my anger.
But I was not aware that the spit-bin was nothing but my own face.
I turned back to my mother,"-What do you think mom, I can't do anything, What If I am sitting at home since last 5 or six months." Now mocked "I am not the only person who is sitting unemployed. India's unemployment rate is not increasing because of me only. You just wait and watch. Where I am gonna be now... Rupees , cars and and .. haa and girlfriends, all for me now... You don't like that Shefali...mom. I am gonna date her. Your useless friends will tell you then that they saw me hanging around with Shefali. What will you do then? Tell me?
Forget about it let me go now. I am already late. and yea...
Before I could complete my sentence, my cellphones rang again, And I was... ," See, again they are calling me, same girl who called me yesterday, I am gonna date her also. Don't care how she will be .whatever she is I will call her for evening tea.You see...,"
Then I picked up the phone
-Hello Shishir, This is a confirmation call. Are you coming today?
-Yeah I am on my way.
-Okay then just give me your details so that in the gate I will get your pass ready. Its Shishir Sharma from Vasant Kunj. Are you fresher?
-Yeah I am fresher but I am not Shishir Sharma.
-What? Are you not Shishir Sharma. But yesterday only you told me that you are the same guy.
-I am Shishir Uniyal, not Sharma...Are you mistaken.
-Sorry sir I guess, I am actually mistaken, that job was for Shishir Sharma. sorry
-Hey But I can do that job also, trust me, forget Sharma, try me...
-What? said in a furious manner.
-I mean give me a chance.
-Sorry sir, we cant do that, that's beyond company's policy. Sorry once again sir,
Cut ....................
That was the fucking bad end of my revolt to my parents. I thought I would be the ruler but I turned back as a loser.
Turned back to my parents. I didn't have to say anything . my facial expressions were narrating everything. I was once again warmed up for those taunts.My mom was fully loaded with the fresh verbal weapons. and this time dad was besides her.
But six weeks, just after six weeks, I got my first job which paid me actually.


0 comments:
Post a Comment